Oops, a heavy handed comment intended to amuse Charles rather than be
critical of the Go Authors.  I do not intend to offend anyone and I
apologise if I did.

++L
--- Begin Message ---
> ppmaps might just work (depending on libmach, i suppose).
> also, although it's supposed to profile at "regular" real-time intervals,
> it seems to assume that regularity will just happen. perhaps it does.

I do wonder who assembled all these tools, I have found enough
mixtures of Plan 9 compatibilities and Posix-isms to cause me
indigestion.  But at this point I only want to eliminate compilation
errors in the Go build procedure under Plan 9, I don't really care if
some tools do not function as required, as long as they are not
essential to the build.

On the other hand, if the tools can be made to work correctly besides
compiling successfully, it will improve the likely acceptance of Go
and that ought to be a good thing.

++L

--- End Message ---