smi...@icebubble.org writes:

> Jeremy Jackins <jeremyjack...@gmail.com> writes:

>> I like Fossil/Venti, but if I use this on the HDD I lose the ability
>> to take the disk outside of my home network and plug it into a Linux
>> machine (right?)
>
> There's a port of Plan 9 utilities to Linux userspace.  It's called Plan
> 9 Port (aka p9p).  See http://swtch.com/plan9port/.  Linux machines with
> p9p should be able to talk to fossil/venti.

Hm.  It looks like I might have been wrong about that.  Digging a little
deeper, it seems like plan9port doesn't have any fdisk, prep, or fossil.
Is that correct?  (And if so, why?)  I know that Linux doesn't have any
kernel-level support for Plan 9 partitions or the fossil file system.
But can't that stuff be done in userspace, too?

|Smiley       <smi...@icebubble.org>    PGP key ID:    BC549F8B |
|Fingerprint: 9329 DB4A 30F5 6EDA D2BA  3489 DAB7 555A BC54 9F8B|