On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:50 PM,  <smi...@icebubble.org> wrote:
> Hm.  It looks like I might have been wrong about that.  Digging a little
> deeper, it seems like plan9port doesn't have any fdisk, prep, or fossil.
> Is that correct?  (And if so, why?)  I know that Linux doesn't have any
> kernel-level support for Plan 9 partitions or the fossil file system.
> But can't that stuff be done in userspace, too?

You can port it if you want.  Plan9port tries to integrate well with
the host operating system.  Part of that means using the same
file tree, and the host OS cannot talk to fossil.

There is disk code that knows how to read Plan 9 partition tables.
The venti server uses it to let you write /dev/sdC0:arenas.

Russ