> I think the real problem is trying to resolve unqualified names without
> a 'dnsdomain' defined -- see ndb(6)

I tried with:

ip/ping akenaton.amarna.net

and yes, it works with a qualified name for the server. So that seems
to be the problem with dns. I then tried the line:

dnsdomain=amarna.net

in my terminal's ndb file, but it keeps failing with unqualified
names. I shoud I configure it for it to resolv unqualified names in my
terminal?

And on the auth problem: this is what the fossil cons reports when I
try:

9fs akenaton.amarna.net

attach main as glenda: phase error protocol phase error: read in state
SNeedTicket

in the terminal, the error shows a different message:

srv net!akenaton.amarna.net!9fs mount failed: fossil authCheck: auth
protocol not finished

then, I do:

auth/debug

and this is the output:

p9sk1 key: proto p9sk1 dom=amarna.net user=ezequiel !passwd?
    dialing up auth server net!akenaton!ticket
    cannot dial auth server: cs: can't translate address: dns:
resource does not exist; negrcode
    csquery authdom=amarna.net auth=akenaton

It seems to me that the whole error has something to do with the dns
not being able to resolv an unqualified name (akenaton) for the auth
process.
By the way, I am trying to connect as ezequiel with 9fs (the user
exists in the server) though I am logged as glenda in the terminal.