> I think I have isolated the problem.
> I configured my server ndb file with auth and fs using the server
> fully qualified name.
> As a result, now, my terminal ndb info looks more promising:
>
> cat /net/ndb
>   sys=nefertiti
>   dom=nefertiti.amarna.net
>   fs=10.0.0.2
>   auth=10.0.0.2
>   dns=10.0.0.2
>
> But I can't yet connect to my server using 9fs, I try:
>
> 9fs akenaton.amarna.net
>
> And it fails, I then look for debug info and notice the error:
>
> net!akenaton!ticket      dns can't find this

there are two ways you can get a short name to work
- use a sys=xyz entry.  if you also want to use dns to
reach this node it would be conventional to have sys=xyz dom=xyz.dom.

- having a proper ipnet to guide the terminal in selecting
a default dns domain.  i think at the minimum.  please see
/lib/ndb/local.complicated.  (although the ipnet there does
defined some unused-by-the-distribution keywords.)