> you are aware that you can mount the 9atom sources directly these days?

Sure, but then I'd have to commit harakiri as self-immolation is the
only avenue left to appease the Internet gods in the tip of Africa :-)

Still, I'll keep that in mind for occasional experimentation.

More seriously, we do need to start with a benchmark distribution that
everybody can buy into.  Maybe the right idea is to compute the
intersection of common sources for BL, 9atom, 9front, NmX et al.  and
try to shoehorn more into that framework.

Or maybe start with nothing and build from there, one patch at the
time?  What makes sense here?  There has to be some starting point.

Maybe the non-existent unreleased source?

L.