this is an interesting exercise; however, it is much harder than it needs
to be. perhaps you have other reasons for doing it the hard way.

i posit that bringing up plan9 on qemu and compiling /sys/src is faster
than compiling on macos: kencc+p9p+cross compile plan9 and bring up plan9
on qemu.  i would be happy to be proven wrong.