>On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 17:41:35 +0000
>Yoann Padioleau <p...@fb.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was able to cross compile Plan9 from MacOS which is probably quite
> similar to cross compiling from Linux.
>
> The first thing was to compile the plan9 C compilers
> on MacOS. I used https://code.google.com/p/ken-cc/ because this fork
> of the Plan9 C compilers are easier to compile on non-plan9 OSes.
>
> Then I installed plan9port which contained a few utilities that are
> used when compiling the plan9 kernel (/bin/rc, /bin/mk).
>
> Then I setup a few symlinks at the root e.g.
>
> /lib -> /home/pad/plan9/root/lib
> /386 -> /home/pad/plan9/root/386
> /sys -> /home/pad/plan9/sys
>
> Finally I have a env.sh that I source that contains important
> environment variables: export KENCC=/home/pad/kencc
> # need to modify plan9/src/cmd/mk/shell.c and put rcshell as default
> shell export PLAN9=/usr/local/plan9
>
> export PATH=$PLAN9/bin:$KENCC/bin:$PATH
>
> #for 8._cp to be found and called
> PATH=$PATH:.
>
> export objtype=386
> #export objtype=arm
> export cputype=386
>
> Then I did a few modifications to plan9 Labs and was able to compile
> and run everything under qemu.
>
> My forks:
> https://github.com/aryx/fork-kencc
> https://github.com/aryx/fork-plan9

Thanks, Yoann.

Ken-cc may be the missing piece of the puzzle for me, however it is a
little too early to tell. Right now I'm working on compiling the kernel
which SHOULD, theoretically, be easier then userspace since the kernel
is far, far more hermetic than the userspace.

Anyhow, I'll be sure to post the method for doing it, should I
eventually end up victorious.

--
Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.