> Since I am building everything on Unix, and am using the Unix shell
> (bash in my case), I had to rewrite much of the mkfile rules,
> specifically ones that deal with loops, conditionals and substituting
> outputs from commands. Because all those rules are simple, this was a
> trivial task. I also needed to change sed programs embedded all over
> the place to be understandable to my systems sed.

If you use plan9port's mk, you can define MKSHELL=rc in the
mkfiles, instead of translating them to bash.

In the same way, you can place $PLAN9/bin at the beginning of
your PATH to use plan9port's sed instead of the Unix one.

In my side, I also tried to compile the Plan 9 programs and
libraries on Unix using Charles' toolchain. It was working
pretty fine. The main issue I encountered was the lack of
support for long Runes in his version.

Thus, I simply copied the related code from Plan 9:

http://www.9legacy.org/9legacy/patch/kencc-rune.diff

--
David du Colombier