I really like rsc's libtask and have managed to hide it in a few products.

As for your question: What architecture? Any runtime available?

Personally, I've used libtask on ARM/x86 under Linux/OSX... hardly "bare
metal" though.

The current implementation depends mostly on the ucontext API + berkeley
sockets for net stuff.

There's another project called http://libmill.org/ that is (was?) based on
setjmp/etc that might be easier to port.

Do keep me posted on your "travels"... I'm interested in this kind of stuff
too.

...or maybe we should just all help Charles updating/minimizing Inferno...

-joe