Sounds like all you want are coroutines (with create, destroy & switch-to
calls) and wait queues (with create, destroy, signal & wait calls). With these
you can build channels easily. With a bit more work you can even implement
pre-emption but then you need mutexes. Setjmp/longjmp is fine (that was I did
in my first version ages ago!).