Gesendet: Sonntag, 26. Juli 2015 um 00:15 Uhr
Von: "Axel Belinfante" <axel.belinfa...@utwente.nl>
An: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@9fans.net>
Betreff: Re: [9fans] Harvey OS: A new OS inspired heavily by Plan 9

I couldn’t resist looking, and found in http://www.osnews.com/comments/28699

"Harvey is an effort to get the Plan 9 code working with gcc and clang”.

So, in a way it seems to be a port of Plan 9.
More details, including the feature list below, are at
http://harvey-os.org[http://harvey-os.org]

Features

• AMD 64 bit
• Modern, simplified syscall system
• GCC toolchain means you can use gdb(!)
• Compile in Linux or OSX using Harvey's headers and libs, no need to change
anything else
• Fast compilation of the whole system
• All Plan9 userland apps available
• Plans to add X11 with rio-like multiplexing, tty driver, new fileserver,
native toolchain and more

I’m intrigued by the “compile … using Harvey's headers and libs, no need to
change anything else” —
I guess that means that it will be easy to “port” stuff to Harvey?

The team list contains names well-known on this list...

I must say, it looks quite interesting, worth checking out.

Axel.

On 25 Jul 2015, at 17:58, Ryan Gonzalez <rym...@gmail.com[rym...@gmail.com]>