don't get me wrong, I don't want gcc, but my employer requires it, and I would
rather develop on plan even if I cannot develop for plan9.

I do this at present, my main machine is a pi2, and my gcc, Firefox, and
outlook co-processor is a windows laptop. it works, but I resent carting a
laptop around.

-Steve