https://gizmodo.com/the-remarkable-e-ink-tablet-is-way-too-good-for-its-sof-1822612517

People like writing on its plastic screen much better than on iPadPro
with its glass screen. Even with a thin plastic protector screen on
the iPad, it does not fell like writing on paper - the screen doesn’t
“give” enough. ReMarkable’s simple interface and the fact it runs
Linux made me think it would make for an interesting experiment in
writing a touch/gesture based editor for handwritten text. On the
 iPad GoodNotes does a very good job of editing within text but lacks
other tools. Come to think of it, even regular text input on iPad isn’t
as fast as with a real keyboard and editing commands. A pen/stylus
opens up new possibilities. I put this out here hoping that one of you
gets inspired enough to write a “pen-based-acme” (in the sense of
having just the “right” editor primitives, but not specific commands).