from the description it sounds like Windows and WSL apps can only talk over
AF_UNIX socket.

if I understand your intent correctly, this might be what you're looking
for: a while back Tim Newsham did ninefs; it uses npfs (ericvh and lionkov)
and Dokan. i don't know if there has been any recent development. I forked
a copy of ninefs from code.google.com into github, npfs sources are on
sourceforge:

https://github.com/9nut/ninefs
https://sourceforge.net/p/npfs/code/HEAD/tree/npfs/