On Sun, Sep 27, 2026 at 1:01 AM <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I attempt to unmount it, for the sake of testing.  I can't.  It isn't 
> mounted.  Ok.  Strange, but ok.

One does not simply unmount(1) in shr(3).

> ..so is mounting a thing in 9front?  the unmount command is clearly 
> recognized.  what is going on?

The /shr mount point is a bit of a special case, read the man page for
shr(3) to get a better idea how to perform the unmount manually.

On 9front and I believe Plan 9 in general, /sys/src/9/boot/nusbrc is
what handles the mounting of your FAT formatted USB disk. It uses the
global shr(3) kernel device as the mount point. This way you can see
the file system in all of your current namespaces, even all users on a
CPU server.

To get a clear picture of what's going on, read up on nusb(4 & 8),
shr(3), bind(1) and dossrv(4).

------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Te5d492a87740a1d3-Mf71d16bf6310a07f95981451
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to