On Wednesday, October 07, 2026, at 9:11 PM, mikethe1wheelnut wrote: > I just got something along these lines to work. So that's a start. I'll > clean it up, see how far I get, and post the results. Finally cleaned it up. What I've learned is the following:
1) My original script involved "| myscript". This does not work. The | must be in acme, not in the script. If you make the mistake of putting it -both- in the script and in acme, the section you are trying to comment gets deleted. 2) If the | is immediately prior to myscript, the M2 click treats them as a single string, and the whole thing executes beautifully, no need to manually drag-out to select. 3) If the directory the script is in is either in path or is bound to it, or it is in /acme/bin/yourarchitecture, or you give the full path name, you're fine. An interesting benefit is, if you give the full path-name, an M3 click will open it in acme for easy editing. Once you get it working, you can remove said full path name, and it'll still work fine (assuming it's on your path, via named methods) So, I think my error was, basically, not having the | in the right place. Needs to be in acme, not in the script, and if it immediately precedes the script name, no separating space, only the single M2 click is needed. ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td1c9bb890f22e833-M069cea6eb7e31d4d6fd4ede8 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription
