> I can't see why this should have been necessary - libc contains memcpy
> already.  I have just updated /n/sources/xen/xen3 so it compiles with
> the current Plan 9 kernel source (using Xen 3.0.2).  I made the other
> changes you listed, but I didn't have to do anything about memcpy.

the reason it's necessary is that although the kernel links against the
c library, it does not include libc.h.  this is very much on purpose as
not every function in libc is safe for use in the kernel.

in this case, the definition for memcpy was likely not picked up in
portfns.h so the linker couldn't find the proper function.

- erik