>>convert my tunes to make them display when each V: label occurs
>>only once (on big score it's less readable, but not on smaller

>BarFly has a built-in command to do that - Format Tune under
>the Utilities menu will rearrange the abc into the format
>that the program likes (or the other way, if you set the
>number of bars per line and notes per line high enough).

oh yes, I noticed and used BarFly to convert this, but I wanted to
have my arrangement back :)
Why can't it do it the two ways ?

I can understand ppl editing a very long score prefer to have the
voices line by line, but sometimes some other pple could prefer to
have the V:  only once if you want to quickly "mute" some voices
by deleting them in a temp file.

>It is supported, but you don't use %%midi.  For a single voice
>tune put "transpose -24" (or just t=-24) in the K: field.

It could be good to find a way to unify this in the new standard.
The drawback of your convention is that old program / other
program that don't recognise it may crash or display warnings
(Abc2win warns 4 times before displaying the tune), while the %%
notation won't cause problem : they're simply ignored if not
recognized.

>You can see what it looks like in Gregorian notation at the above
>URL.

and it looks very good :)

 (on the website)
>Placing a comment symbol (%) before the clef specifier will cause
it to be displayed in modern notation

yes, it's a good idea, it's conveniant and fast to switch this

>http://www.mcn.net/~relbooks/gf_salve.gif

btw this link doesn't work anymore