>I don't like %%midi transpose, because
>transposition is nothing to do with midi,

I forget to talk about that, an advantage of BarFly is, if I
understood well, it can transpose either the notation, or the
sound, or both. The %%midi transpose is limited because it make
transpose both (of course it was designed 1st to fit abc2midi's
needs). For guitar notation for ex., the notation is written one
8ve higher than the real pitch. I think with abcm2ps for my guitar
partitions I wrote K:C treble for keeping that correct (I can't
really remember how I made it display correcly).
Maybe it could be possible to have in addition a %%transpose with
several way of transposition : midi only, midi + display, display
only.