>> Thats one of my two dislikes of Macs done away with. The other one is
>> the menuing system. Click and hold is bad for anyone with WRULD / RSI.
>> The Windows Click, release, mouse/key around as you please then click
>> when you are ready is good for RSI. Can you configure the Mac to have
>> menus that are good for you rather than bad for you?
> Again, an old issue, long since fixed in Mac OS X -- you can click and
> release on the menu bar and the menu will stay popped up until you select
> from it.  (And you can click and drag as well...  Or click and release
> then use arrow keys.)  Older Mac systems had it too, called Sticky Menus
> (I forget if this appeared originally in Mac OS 8 or 9), and again, third
> parties have had this fixed for ages.

There was something built-in to the OS that gave you the option
of click-and-stay-dropped ("sticky") menus back as far as OS 7.6,
I think.  It's certainly there in OS 8.1.

I generally find sticky menus slightly annoying but not annoying enough
to turn them off.

The first mouse - actually bitpad puck - I used had four buttons.
I don't miss the other three, and anybody who puts an asymmetric
two-button mice on a public computer with no instructions on how
to remap the buttons needs to have one hand superglued to their bum
till they get the message.  (Quick, how *do* you remap the mouse
buttons to use a mouse left-handed for the duration of a catalog
search session on a Windows-based library computer where you have
no admin privileges?)