David,

When a page author creates their own context menu is when you should have
haspopup. The style gide says to use the same key strokes I believe. That
essentially would steal the strokes from the browser.

I am referring to has popup in content and not the browser mapping. You
don't generate haspopup for the browser context menu now do you?

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group

             David Bolter
             <david.bol...@gma
             il.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  accessibility-...@lists.linuxfounda
             accessibility-ia2         tion.org
             -boun...@lists.li                                          cc
             nuxfoundation.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Accessibility-ia2] hascontext
             04/05/2010 11:35          state
             AM

Even though we could expose haspopup when we know there is a context menu
I'm not as sure we should since the way to invoke it is different. The user
would hear has popup, click (space bar) the widget and find no popup (since
it is a right click, menu key, shift-f10 that normally invokes the context
menu).

cheers,
David