Hello,

This is my first post here, so please forgive me if I do something wrong or
if my English is not clear.

I would like to propose a new typeface for *LibreOffice*.

The Regional Technical Center for Visual Impairment in France (CTRDV), one
of the most important center with specialized transcribers in Europe,
has developed during two years a typeface designed specifically for
visually impaired people: *Luciole*.

Word massing, spacing, the structure of the letters: the concept for
*Luciole* adheres to a dozen specific design criteria to provide the best
possible reading
experience for the visually impaired.

Designed for publishing professionals (publishers, teachers and
transcribers), it is a powerful tool that contains many signs for
mathematical notation
and supports almost all European languages.

*We already gave 3 presentations on this project:*
• at the French Ministry of Culture – Paris, November 2019
• at the 8th Journées d'étude NTIC (new technologies for visually impaired
people) organized by the FAF (French Association for blind people) at the
INJA (French National Institute for the Blind) – Paris, December 2019
• at the 2nd RNLA (National Conference of Accessible Book) organized by
BrailleNet at Enssib (the French National School of Library and Information
Science) – Villeurbanne, January 2020

*Selection of articles :*
https://www.aveuglesdefrance.org/actualites/luciole-une-police-de-caracteres-pour-les-professionnels-de-la-deficience-visuelle
http://www.lespep69.org/2020/02/aliquam-id-lectus-at-tincidunt-congue-ipsum/
https://www.handicapzero.org/depeches/depeches-handicapzero/detail-dune-depeche-handicapzero/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=5265
http://www.inja.fr/BDEA/doc/AGENDA/487
http://gpeaa.fr/police-pour-dv/
https://pro.bpi.fr/alphabib/luciole--une-police-de-caracteres-pour-la-deficience-visuelle
https://www.actualitte.com/article/monde-edition/font-luciole-une-typographie-pour-personnes-malvoyantes/99079

The *Luciole* typeface has also been chosen as one of the 500 national
projects labeled by the French National Secretariat for People with
Disability.

This project is already freely available: we do not try to *sell* it but to
*share* it.
Today, when a visually impaired child uses *Luciole*, he needs to install
the typeface on its computer, all his school teachers need to do this...
It would be much more simple to have *Luciole* as a part of *LibreOffice*.
Do you think it is a good idea? What needs to be done for this? Who should
I contact?

To discover the project in detail:
*http://www.luciole-vision.com/luciole-en.html
<http://www.luciole-vision.com/luciole-en.html> *