I am sorry I differ badly on this issue.
There are more than 8000 teachers in Delhi University
and the participation
of the PCs is very low.
The colleges are governed by the governing bodies who
in order to fulfill
their political ambitions make political appointments
in the name of acadmic
considerations. The merit is
of little consideration in such appointments.
The peculiarity of the process lies in the fact that
interview is given 100%
weightage Against the Supreme Court ruling in Ajay
Hasia v. Union of India.
Where SC said that No where the interview should be
given more than 10 to
15% weightage while making any kind of appointments.

This step of Delhi University is a big step forward
towards administrative
reforms. The colleges should not be left with such
decisive recruitment
responsibilities where the Principle of Natural
justice are set aside and
regime of personal fancy and discrmination  dominates.
No where in India
such a powerful post is filled up like
this. There should be some independent agency to fill
up such prestigious
post which are of first class nature.
Friends if the process is centralized for physically
challenged persons,
then the
pure responsibility could be fixed with the Delhi
University to which around
85 colleges are affiliated. then Pips will not be
going door to door against
discrmination rampant in this system
Infect than even the general candidates would
also demand that their recruitment should be
centralized and there should be
transparency in it.
Herein,  the gold medalists would not be at the mercy
of our much known
politicians
and corrupt academicians.
As it is a known fact that education segment in India
is one of the most
corruption prone area, where there is a need for
immediate reforms.
May be these reforms would come due to the
implementation of reservation
policy for VCPs.
In fact we should give a stress for making the
appointment process more
transparent and based on merits of the candidates not
on the manipulative
traits.
The members are requested to express freely their
opinion on the matter so
that same could be conveyed to the VC of Delhi Univ.
With regards,
Vip

Dr. Vipin K. Malhotra
President,
Delhi University Physically Challenged Teachers'
Association (DUPHCHTA),
Reader,
Deptt. of Political Science, Sri Aurobindo College,
Delhi University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: +919911113958
Email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>