Dear all:

Greetings from the Eyeway helpdesk!

follow below the Daily Eyeway Alerts:

1. News-

Feb 23, 2016- Save the Children has introduced books with illustrations in
Braille for visually impaired children. A total of 23 fact books were
launched in a programme at Namuna Machhindra School in Lalitpur in on
Monday. The visually impaired students at the school had the first
experience of reading the book with their finger tips. “The book gave me an
idea of what a train looks like, I liked it,” said seventh grader Shristi
Subedi after reading a book entitled Travelling by Land. The books are
outside the teaching curriculum which are based on factual accounts of
people, places, animals, things and events, are available for visually
impaired children between first and fifth grade. Their subjects range from
lifecycle of  frogs, swimming lessons, earthquakes to famous personalities
like Nelson Mandela. Source:
http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2016-02-23/books-with-pictures-in-braille-for-schoolchildren.html.
More at
http://eyeway.org/?q=books-pictures-braille-schoolchildren-httpbitly1mu5d1p

2. Job-

Assistant Section Officer and Assistant posts required in various
Ministries/ Departments/Organisations.  Combained Graduate Level exam by
Staff Selection Commision. Visually Impaired can apply. Age Limit:
Assistant Section Officer: 20-30 years and Assistant 18-27 years.  Minimum
qualification: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Candidates selected for appointment are liable to serve anywhere in India
i.e. al these posts cary All India Service Liabilty (AISL). Candidate may
note that only online applications will be accepted at http:/
ssconline2.gov.in. and http:/sscregistration.nic.in. CLOSING DATE:
14.03.2016 (upto 5.0 PM). Part-I registration upto 10.03.2016 (5.0PM) &
Part-I registration upto 14.03.2016 (5.0PM). Contact Numbers: 01164715222,
01165021888,  01124363343. More at  http://www.eyeway.org/?q=jobs   or
employment news of 13th  February  page . 61

--
With warm regards, Helpdesk Team!
Toll free: 1800 300 20469