the information is true. ugc has cancled X plan scheme for blind
teachers. in place of that it has given specific requirements for
handicaps or disabled. the scheme is exhaustive of XI plan. lucknow
university has placed its recommendation for starting a resource
centre for physically challenged and the closed lying centre of iavh
electronic reading centre for the blind lucknow university in its
tagore library room number 4, duly inaugerated by vice chancellor in
the year 2000.
now recommendation in XI plan along with utilisation certificate has
been made and if we believe the yesterday's news of hindustan, the
vice chancellor lucknow university has got grants from ugc in this
connection.
regards
drun