From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Aruni Sharma
Sent: 15 March 2017 09:47
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled. <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: Re: [AI] About Cheque facility to Customers Using LTI.

Hi, Rbi has instructed banks to facilitate the use of all services including
cheque facility. But the convenient argument from the bank side is that they
do not have any LTI verification method. Though I convinced my bank to issue
a cheque book,, they have told me that  my cheques will only be entertained
if the signatures match exactly, which  is not the case 99% of times. This
has effectively barred me from using cheques for banking transactions.
Thanks and regards,

Thanks and regards,
Dr. Aruni Sharma.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Political Science, JNPG College, Lucknow,
India.
twitter: www.twitter.com/arunisharma
facebook: www.facebook.com/arunisharma
Skype: arunisha...@outlook.com

On 15 March 2017 at 08:33, Amiyo Biswas <am...@bpa.org.in> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was going through the RBI guidelines of 2012. It mentions third
> party cheque, not clearly anything about cheque facility for customers
using LTI.
> Bearer cheques are also called third party cheques. Would someone make
> it clear how an LTI user will use a cheque facility? I have to explain
> to a bank soon.
>
> With best regards,
> Amiyo Biswas
> Cell: 9433464329
>
> Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing
> accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:
> accessindia_accessindia.org.in

> .in

> veracity;

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..

Disclaimer
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
  solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
  recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
  message. Further, you are advised not to copy, disclose, or distribute
  this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions will
  be deemed unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses/spyware/malware.
IFCI Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but
  is not liable for any damage that may be sustained as a result of any
  virus/spyware/malware in this e-mail. It is advised to carry out your own
  virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. IFCI Ltd reserves
  the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
  from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address
  may be stored on the IFCI Ltd e-mail system.