From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of anirudh rao
Sent: 26 December 2022 09:24 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] unjust policy of Banks with South Indians

Dear friends out there,
I would have not thought to put this issue if many of our visually challenged
friends had not been working in the Banking sector.
I am also aware that this mailing list comprises of many friends from south
India.
I have noticed a post called "the Language Officer" in many banks.
the issue that bothers me is that the obligation of Hindi as the compulsory
subject/language in the Graduation if one has to attempt to apply for this post.
it is unusual in south India and rare of someone to take Hindi as the language
in the graduation level when we have the option to choose our own regional
languages.
isn't it an injustice to the south Indians?
with this background, I leave three questions to ponder and debate.
if there are 22 languages recognized by the constitution as the official
languages, why is Hindi mandated here?
what if someone knows Hindi and does not have Hindi as the subject/language  in
their graduation?
please throw some light on this issue and debate in a civilized way.
I think NPRD and other such organizations from south India would be sensible to
this issue and would take part in the discussion and would take appropriate
steps.

--
"every human is disabled because, none has got the wings to fly".
Anirudh Rao

https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAF6avGhNAqXeS%3D7_oaUV54GjyQc3oDr%3DJ4_%3DbwDpYEEzy3dQ1w%40mail.gmail.com.