Hello to all on this thread.

For Narrator to become a screen-reader of preference, the most important
consideration is that it must be customizable for Apps that have not been
specifically designed with standard Windows controls, tab-orders, and labelled
graphics to name a few. The screen-reader must have features to allow the user
to search for specific parent and child windows within applications, build hot
spots, apply shortcut keys to reach that spot and or interact with that spot in
specific ways as the mouse user would, to label graphical buttons, Etc, so that
interactive interfaces can be customized for unfriendly Apps. Failing these
things Narrator will remain an emergency-case screen-reader for simple tasks
like installing and configuring Windows, or for launching a more customizable
screen-reader.

I have been a technology accessibility trainer in South Africa for many years
until last year November when I relocated to India. You are welcome to contact
me for further discussion if desired.

+91 70372 95962.

Warm regards,

Yamuna Jivana dasa