To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 3:06 PM
Subject: [AI] help to return the trinidad and tobago blind welfareassociation back to the blind people

The trinidad and tobago blind welfare association was founded in 1914 by a blind person. its council is elected every 2 years and consist of 12 elected members and 6 appointed by the government. for the past 9 years the president mr. Dolsingh held no council meeting, no elections, no annual general meeting and did not do any audit of the financial transactions. i would appreciate it very much if you can email me your support to return the trinidad and tobago blind welfare back to a path of constitutional governance. the following is a step by step move we took recently to do so. thank you very much. kenneth suratt.

1. On January 8 2009 the executive officer met with a delegation of blind people and members of the past council members. 2. We agreed that election of a new council will take place on February 28 2009, and all constitutional requirements would be complied with.
3. On February 13 no notices were sent out by the executive officer.
4. As life member I took out a paid notice in the Trinidad Guardian stating the date, time, venue and the purpose of this meeting. 5. On February 28 all members of the T.T.B.W.A. who were interested attended to conduct the day's activities. 6. Last year we receive a list of the members of the T.T.B.W.A. from the executive officer which we obtained after enforcing the freedom of information act.
7. Those who were members started the meeting base on that list.
8. Mr. Peter Bourgeois was asked to chair the meeting.
9. A motion was moved to ratify all those who were in position of membership receipts as new members. This was unanimously agreed upon 10. Mrs Muriel Branker was ask to conduct the election., and the require 12 members of council were voted in. 11. On March 2nd2009 a delegation from the newly elected council met with the executive officer and she agreed to work with the new council, and set the date for the first council meeting. That meeting was carded to take place on Wednesday march 4th 2009 at 3 pm. 12. One hour before that council meeting the president Mr. Miguel Donawa received a letter from Mrs. Borneo that she would no longer be working with this council.

While we trade legal opinions on the legitimacy of this council, please consider the will of the blind people. Thank you.

KENNETH SURATT.
Life Member.