IE 8 is the best compared to the IE 7.
there are some new rich features which are supported.
Jaws 9 might have some issues with IE 8
It is more secure and i find it to be a bit fast.
read if interested for new improvements:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288472%28VS.85%29.aspx

hope it helps:
but anyway a big fan of firefox here so had not explored much:
Regards:
Srikanth