yes, now the entire discussion is rolled back. the matter is whether a customer should give undertaking or not. if 2-3 line undertaking solve your problem, then what is the matter. practice of undertaking is all for general, not for blind customers. we take undertaking in minor account, some times in pension account, if a pensioner is to old, unable to execute his transactions and can not step up to the branch. blind person has to face many problem in his daily living, banking is one of them. do we get barrier free environment in our city? we have PWD act for it. not only blind, each and every type of disabled person must have full right to get all services. whether it is banking, telecom, railways, airlines, electricity. law and rules are the guidelines. the person sitting on the chair, how he interpreted this law. my suggestion is don't be a brand loyal, be a system loyal. if you want to buy a soft drink, there are to many shops, being an employee of PNB, if my bank denies any services to me, i won't hesitate to avail that particular service from another bank. suppose, if your salary account exist with ABC bank but their loan rates are higher then XYZ bank, then you will bank, then you will fopefully won't avail the loan facility from that bank.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mukesh Sharma" <mrmukeshsha...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Difficulties in Banking

Give me one such case.
When issuing ATM card, the bank in their pure diplomatic language express
"NO RISK of the BANK" on the misuse of the Card and the undertaking has to
be signed by the customer and I guess that is sufficient to save your job! This is what should be done for every customer irrespective of the so called
disability or ability to see or even use ATM independently.
The bread and butter is forcing you to stand by bankers approach but what
about your personal opinion.
Or let's do it other way, suppose you are a customer and I am a BM, explain
me why I shouldn't issue a ATM Card to you, if you can not, then help in
your capacity to get every individual to enjoy facility equally be it of ATM
or Cheque Book.
A BM is there to make life of customer easier and not difficult else the
scheme of banking would have not been possible for illiterate and BPL
customer.
Thanks
Mukesh