Actually, I have had a wide experience on incompetent scribes being thrust upon
VI by UGC in NET, in my case and other cases.
As I have qualified NET in three subjects without any teaching job, I have had
 fair share of woes in this behalf.
Actually, UGC does not permit us to take our own scribes unlike in past, and
has imposed a blanket ban on it.
They also raise same old presumption of cheating, Which I am loathed to say,
some of us also raise citing stray cases of actual cheating prevalent in blind
population, as is the norm in all other categories of population.
Further, NET coordinators do not understand the meaning of competent scribe.

Competence means scribe should be fluent in reading and writing the language
the candidate is attempting exam in and must possess basic spelling and other
attributes.
Language can be English, or it can be marathi or any other.'
For a candidate giving exam in Marathi/Hindi, a scribe reasonably good in
English but not in those languages, would be an incompetent scribe.
It is very subtle, and I propose that candidate be permitted to take the scribe
who is not eligible to appear for the very same exam for which she/he is acting
as the scribe, and should not have been so eligible in past three years.....
But, anyway, new legal committee has also thought fit that this issue of
scribes should be dealt with at policy level by myriad bodies for myriad exams.

So, happy fighting....