Hi,

I have seen vi using guide dog in England and one can use guide dog without much difficulty at least in London for sure as I have travelled all parts of London through all means of transportation

anand
----- Original Message ----- From: "Adina Galani" <lotusflowe...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] guide dogs in India

It is like that, not knowing about England, but in Austria, first, one does not have street dogs, and I mean it, not a single one! Busses and underground/trams/trains are assured with low step to climb, so a guide dog can manage easily. On top, communication with a dog, especially with a guide one on the road, can turn into a big issue if anything happens and the dog was distracted by someone else, which means, it is forbidden for children and/or grown ups to communicate with a guide dog on the road, unless emergency situations. Not to mention, the hygeen level a dog requiers, especially if living indoors is very very costly, by all means and I am sure this increases still when it comes to a country with a summer climate like India.
Adina
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rahul Bajaj" <rahul.bajaj1...@gmail.com>