Please dont go near Nitin sule. He really sounds nice but our experience has not beengood. Ask him if he has trained one dog and who is using that dog. Ask him about the money he took from about 20-30 visually challenged. What does Shirin mean by very very high- how much did she say. Was it in thousands or in lakhs and how much will it get reduced by corporate sponsorships? Kanchan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rahul Bajaj" <rahul.bajaj1...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Guide dog

Well, I didn't know that Dr. Nitin Sule has done this to so many blind people.
I have spoken with him many times, and he seems to be such a nice person.
This is really shocking!

Shirin Merchant says that she will be able to train and provide a
guide dog to me within a few months.
But the only issue is that she says that the cost of training a guide
dog would be very, very high.
She also told me that some corporate houses might be willing to help,
so the cost would get a bit reduced.

People all over the world have to face the same problems that are
associated with using a guide dog.
Just saying that it will not work in India is not a solution.
20 years ago, even JAWS and all other screen readers were not used by
anyone in India.
Today, we find that almost every visually impaired person,  who has a
computer, uses JAWS.
We have to fight for our rights.
Why should visually impaired people in India not enjoy the privileges
that are enjoyed by visually impaired people all over the world?