From: "sunil" <sunilsangtan...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Text-to-speech software for differently abled
personslaunched

any further information for the said software? any URL or  download
link for demo or the software if it is  freeware?

On 9/22/11, Nilesh Bendre <nileshbendr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Text-to-speech software for differently abled persons launched
>

> Sep 22,  5:25 PM
>
> The Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin
> Pilot on Thursday released a software Text-To- Speech, TTS system for
> differently abled persons in New Delhi. Speaking on the occasion Mr. Pilot
> said that this initiative is a significant step towards digital inclusion
> of
> differently abled people from different linguistic background.
>

> He said, these technologies will go a long way in assisting them to become
> part of the Information Technology mainstream. The Minister expressed hope
> that use of these technologies will provide an impetus towards wider usage
> of Indian languages for governance and related applications. He said that
> it
> will also augment social inclusiveness and reach out to specially-abled
> section of the society.
>

> AIR correspondent adds that Text-to-Speech is computer software which
> renders the machine readable text into Human Voice. It will enable people
> with visual impairments or low vision disabilities to listen to written
> works on a computer or a mobile device. Initially TTS is released in six
> Indian languages including Hindi, Marathi, Bangla, Telugu, Tamil and
> Malayalam. The remaining Indian languages will also be covered soon.
>

> Regards,
>

> Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

> please

"In the lonely path of broken dreams, Its the heaven that I am
searching for..
 All these stars seems dull to me, Its the moon that I
am searching for..
 There is a crowd around me at all times, Its a soul
that I am searching for..
 My life is like an endless road, Its a
destination that I m searching for..
Dont know what is it that I've
lost, Maybe it is ME that I am searching for...!"