what about window7?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nirmal Verma" <nirmalkat...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Text-to-speech software for differently abled personslaunched

ask for windows version. it will work on windows xp without any problem.

nirmal

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Shona Man <shonam...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi friends very good! if anybody has requested and he got it then
please put it somewhere from where it could be downloaded. I use
windows xp, will it work upon it?

On 9/23/11, Nirmal Verma <nirmalkat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear friends,
>
> it was really pleasant to listen to the different t t s but i need to > try
it
> out myself. if you want a copy for yourself then please write to
professor
> hema murthy on her email id:
>
> h...@cse.iitm.ac.in
>
> if you are using windows version then you might face some problem but > in
> linux version it is very good. you can use linux or  fedora.
>
> regarding hindi o c r you have to get yourself registered on the t d i > l
> website and start using the service. you can upload single image at a
time.
> if any of you have problem using this then mail directly to me.
>
> thanks
>
> Nirmal Verma
> India Lead, Bookshare
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Nilesh Bendre
> <nileshbendr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Text-to-speech software for differently abled persons launched
>>

>> Sep 22,  5:25 PM
>>
>> The Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology
Sachin
>> Pilot on Thursday released a software Text-To- Speech, TTS system for
>> differently abled persons in New Delhi. Speaking on the occasion Mr.
Pilot
>> said that this initiative is a significant step towards digital
inclusion
>> of
>> differently abled people from different linguistic background.
>>

>> He said, these technologies will go a long way in assisting them to
become
>> part of the Information Technology mainstream. The Minister expressed
hope
>> that use of these technologies will provide an impetus towards wider
usage
>> of Indian languages for governance and related applications. He said
that
>> it
>> will also augment social inclusiveness and reach out to >> specially-abled
>> section of the society.
>>

>> AIR correspondent adds that Text-to-Speech is computer software which
>> renders the machine readable text into Human Voice. It will enable
people
>> with visual impairments or low vision disabilities to listen to >> written >> works on a computer or a mobile device. Initially TTS is released in >> six
>> Indian languages including Hindi, Marathi, Bangla, Telugu, Tamil and
>> Malayalam. The remaining Indian languages will also be covered soon.
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
>> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

> Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
> http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

please

LL.M candidate
 at Faculty of Law in University of Delhi

Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

please visit the list home page at