hello,
are you using netbanking facility of your respective bank? if yes,
then if you make the payment using netbanking payment  gateway, then
you will not be charged anything except the original premium payment.
at list in my case of SBI i have not been charged any transaction
charges yet.
thanks,
mukesh.

On 3/25/12, bhawani shankar verma <bsvermad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello accessindia!
>
> i am making my LIC premium payment online by credit card. it takes me to the
> IDBI payment gateway, a terms and conditions page open their and it is
> stated that i have to pay additional Rs.35/- as credit card processing
> charges. i am using my credit card since 2 years with various payment
> gateway like ICICI, CITY BANK AND CCAVENUE, but, never paid any extra charge
> as processing fee. my question is: do the payment gateway have a right to
> charge fee or levy for credit card transaction? if not, where to lodge a
> complaint for the redressal.
> i have written the matter to LIC to change their payment gateway, but, got
> no reply.
>
> thanks,
>
> bhawani

Mukesh jain
Email:
mukesh.jai...@gmail.com
Skype: mukeshjain211
Mob: 09977165123

"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them
master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. "

Helen Keller