how to check the quality of the product? i.e., if they give the broken products?

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "SYED IMRAN" <syed.f...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, 09 August, 2012 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] regarding the shopping and making the bidd on ebay.in

Ebay has an extensive documentation covered on how to do bidding. So I would highly encourage you to take advantage of it and ask people what is already
not covered in the help documentation.
As for your first query, however, the thumb of the rule is to findout what
exactly is the price of an item if you bought at the local shops or online
shops elsewhere and decide if bidding will really get you a good deal
compared to just buying it.
Just for your understanding, I'll share two different incidents that I
encountered both positive and negative.
Negative:
On 18th January last year, I participated in a '1 paisa' auction. A gold
plated jewellery was on the bid. There were 3 bidders before me, and the
highest bid was RS. 350. The bid was going to end in about 5 minutes when I
raised the bid for RS. 650. About 3 minutes later, the previous bidder
raised his or her bid to 750. Not wanting to get out-bidded again, I
suddenly keyed RS. 1,050 and I won the bid after about 50 seconds.
Later when I was just exploring the jewellery category to check what the
actual price of that jewellery would have been had I decided to buyfrom the other sellers, I got to know that the same jewellery was being sold for Rs.
650. So one must explore at least the other 'buy it now' listings before
going to bid on any item. Lesson learn't the hard way.

Positive:
On 25th September last year, One of my sighted friend asked me to buy a pen camera on Ebay. So I went on Ebay and searched for pen cameras in the buy-it now listings. On the average, a 32 GB pen camera was priced for RS. 2,200. I immediately checked in the auctions list and found one whose highest bid was
RS. 970 and there were 3 more days left for the bidding to end. In these 3
days, the bidding rose to around 1,300 and when there were only 15 minutes
left, I raised the bid to Rs. 1,700 and left it at that. To my immense
pleasure and satisfaction, I had an Email congratulating me that I've won
the bid, after which I bought it for RS. 1,700
Bidding is a legal contract, so make sure you really want whatever you are
bidding on.