Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:32 PM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] AccessIndia convention

Dear Friends,

I am writing here as representative of one of the sponsor
organizations:  I think that not only we should be paying the small
token amount that was charged but should not be arguing upon this.

I am afraid NGO bashing does not take us very far.  Also, let me be
clear:  we called this event as "convention" for lack of a better word
but one of the purpose was also socializing which is not free.

Nilima, although I fully sympathize where you are coming from, I don't
think anyone who was present there came from such difficult
background.  We cannot expect to get everything free of cost.

I am shocked at the fact that some people are justifying this kind of
behavour.  On the contrary if we know about such people who are
working in reputed posts and earning good salaries, we should try and
discourage such individuals and try and boycot them.

Anyway, this shows where we are and then we also want everything
rightsbased and claim that we are not for charity.

Great friends, please do introspect.