Really very sad, metro should be more blind friendly so that these insidence should not recur in the future. The girl should not abandon the hope. I know 2 totally blinds namely, Mr. Sanjay Jha and Mr. Raju Maurya, who fell between the gap of two coaches in different insidence and entire train surpassed over them but still they're using metro with taking more care.
From: "Preeti Monga" <preeti.mo...@silver-linings.co.in>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 7:06 PM
To: "'AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and
issuesconcerningthedisabled.'" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: Re: [AI] Visually impaired girl escapes accident at metro station

Very sad I spoke with Sweety a short while back and  she is very hurt and
very shaken. She is almost losing her confidence of travelling
independently around! In case that happens, what will become of her?   How
does she remain a contributing member of the society? And who then is going
to look after her and her little daughter?

The gap is enormous where she fell and there are no raised borders to
indicate the end of the platform to indicate to blind passengers that there
is  the danger of falling into the rails?

In fact not only children, but this could have happened to anyone! In the
kind of rush at office hours in the Metros, even people who can see cant
actually make out where they are placing their feet!

I think instead of playing the blame game, the authorities might as well do something about this kind of situation. It maybe one of these days, the next
person to slip down that  gap is a dear one of the  people who are today
responsible to be able to bring about these small improvements  for blind
commuters, and of whom there are many!
Warmly
Preeti

Preeti Monga
Director

Mobile: +91 9871701646
Landline: 011 22781446
E-mail: preeti.mo...@silver-linings.co.in
Website: www.silver-linings.co.in  ;  www.silver-linings.org
Our Services: Executive Search - Specializing in Head Hunting. Training
-Motivation; Stress Management; Soft Skill; Behavioral. Gifting - Corporate
; Promotional;  Events. End to end CSR Advisory; including demystifying
workshops  and counseling. Printing Solutions,  Incentive Travel and
Marketing Data Mining / Refining..

We  assure  high quality service marked with excellence and complete
customer centricity, forming Synergies as we go along.