Kanchan mam and other listers

There are certain issues which need to be flagged in the public. It
would help you and Mr Rungta  and others to take this issue forward to
its logical conclusion.
As far as I know,the former CCPD before relinquishing the office had
given his formal approval for reviewing the guidelines. As a
consequence as he left the office, the department buckled under the
pressure and capitulated before the UPSC. Moreover I wonder if the
office of CCPD is a statutory body then how come disability department
had asked the same office to submit the report on its own order. Isn't
it ironical? and who will go to court?  Anyway,I'm not a practicing
lawyer just a student read law just for fun.  And this development
should provoke us to contemplate the serious ramifications. Is the
office of CCPD enjoys freedom from bureaucratic pressures and pulles
exerted by the babudom and the netas? And how to achieve independent
NCPD in the RPD Bill on line of other commissions.

Secondly, objections raised by the UPSC and others should be studied
and responded in the larger context. I mean the disability department,
while amending/reviewing the guidelines can't remain oblivious to the
fact that the AIPMT and UPPSC leaks have tarnished the image of exam
conducting agencies. as per the reports published in several dalies
today, The Apex Court has orderd to reconduct AIPMT exams in which
more than 5 lakhs students will reappear once again. In the light of
ever growing exposures of paper-leaks and use of technology for
cheating,  everybody is concerned about how to strengthen the
invigilation. However in the matter of disabled examinees government
is adopting different approach and questioning examinees' competence.
In fact we have reached to a low point that all competitive exams are
marred with loopholes and one's faith in these exams is on the
decline. Amidst all this, I am also of the firm belief, lets lobby for
tight invigilation nothing else.
  On 6/16/15, Kotian, H P <hpkot...@rbi.org.in> wrote:

> All
> Copying below a mail from Kanchan which did not get on the list.
> Harish Kotian
>
> Quoting:
>
> Dear Friends,
> The time has come to once again discuss this very important issue. Let us do
> so objectively whilst keeping in mind the UPSC and SSB's objections to the
> qualification of writers.
> Just to recap.
> 1. We had a meeting in Feb. 2008  with the ministry and  the minutes were
> recorded and nothing further happened for many years apart from individuals
> getting reliefs from different courts on a case to case basis.
> 2. Certain senior memmbers of this group approached the CCPD and Ministry in
> 2012 and submitted the representation copied below.
> 3. I am not sure whether CCPD issued the 2013  guidelines taking into
> consideration the representation of 2012 or only considered the
> representation and minutes of 2008.
> 4. Many VI candidates appearing for the UPSC 2014   have represented toUPSC
> that the Preliminary examination should be with the candidate's writer while
> the Main examination should be with UPSC's writer. They have a valid point
> but then the SSB feels that its exam should be with the SSB's writer. If
> this goes on and if any concession is made for any Examiner then we are back
> to pre-2006 situation.
>    5. We have 2 routes open at the Meeting that is to be held this week-
> one stick to the 2013 guidelines and wait till UPSC blinks  and back to
> court.
> or be practical and give some concession on the qualification of a writer.
> Both positions are correct. Both positions are vulnerable and we have to be
> realistic and vigilant.
> Whatever is the advice of this group I will be carrying to Delhi. I have
> always share the issues and have always gone with the majority opinion.
> This has been my baby since 2006 when I first got guidelines for
> Maharashtra.
> Waiting for a detailed discussion.
> Copying  below the 10 page representation that was submitted in 2012. Can we
> find a compromise between 2013 guidelines and 2012 representation?
>
> Annexure A
> Uniform Guidelines for Conducting Examinations (Practicals and/or Theory)
> for Blind and Low Vision Persons
> Purpose:
> These guidelines are being issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and
> Empowerment, Government of India on the basis of the state's legal
> obligations towards persons with disabilities. More specifically,
> obligations and rights enshrined in the Constitution of India, the Persons
> with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full
> Participation) Act, 1995 and the Right to Education Act, 2009. These
> guidelines are also in alignment with India's obligations under the United
> Nations Conventions on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD),
> [...]

Avinash Shahi