From: <internet-dra...@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 9:27 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-core-multicast-oscoap-00.txt
To: Marco Tiloca <ma...@sics.se>, Goeran Selander <
goran.selan...@ericsson.com>, Francesca Palombini <
francesca.palomb...@ericsson.com>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-multicast-oscoap-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Francesca Palombini and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-tiloca-core-multicast-oscoap
Revision:       00
Title:          Secure group communication for CoAP
Document date:  2016-10-12
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-multicast-
oscoap-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for application layer protection of
   messages exchanged with the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
   in a group communication context.  The proposed approach relies on
   Object Security of CoAP (OSCOAP) and the CBOR Object Signing and
   Encryption (COSE) format.  All security requirements fulfilled by
   OSCOAP are maintained for multicast CoAP request messages and related
   unicast CoAP response messages.  Source authentication of all
   messages exchanged within the group is ensured, by means of digital
   signatures produced through asymmetric private keys of sender devices
   and embedded in the protected CoAP messages.

The IETF Secretariat