From: Carsten Bormann <c...@tzi.org>
Sent: den 9 juni 2021 09:15
To: Ludwig Seitz <ludwig.se...@combitech.com>
Cc: Francesca Palombini <francesca.palomb...@ericsson.com>; Seitz Ludwig
<ludwig.se...@combitech.se>; The IESG <i...@ietf.org>; art-...@ietf.org;
ace-cha...@ietf.org; draft-ietf-ace-oauth-au...@ietf.org; ace@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ace] [EXTERNAL] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on
draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-38: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

> In 2021-06-09, at 08:42, Ludwig Seitz <ludwig.se...@combitech.com> wrote:
>
> " ... size.  Self-contained tokens and protocol message payloads are encoded
> in CBOR when CoAP is used.”

This is not what the old NEW text says.

(The new NEW text attaches the “when” to both arms.)

The whole idea of attaching the representation choice to the protocol choice is
broken, but if we pursue it, we at least need to make the logic clear.

(1) If you use CoAP, you use CBOR for protocol message payloads.
(2) Self-contained tokens use CBOR.
(3) No other hard limitations are implied, but of course CBOR is the format of
choice to maximize interoperability, so deviations from that need to be
justified.

Grüße, Carsten