Well, I figured out why I am getting extra requests. Weblogic reruns
the filters when RequestDispatcher.include() is invoked. SiteMesh does
this in its PageFilter class.

I have noticed a work around for this silly behavior (which becomes
configurable in the 2.4 servlet spec) in the SiteMesh code. They put a
Session Marker when the filter is first run to say "I've been run" and
they don't re-run their own filter. (Otherwise I see infinite loops)
If Acegi's AbstractIntegrationFilter could do something similiar, it
might fix this problem. It might be slightly more complicated since
this filter is typically called from a FilterToBeanProxy. So maybe
each Implementation of the AbstractIntegrationFilter has to provide a
String to identify the fact that it's been run for this request?

Thoughts? Am I missing some Acegi configuration that might get around
this without changing the Acegi code?

Thanks,
Patrick