Hi Ray,

I'm against using Jalopy - it's messed up far too much stuff in the past
and really chews up comments and makes it hard to follow the commit log
properly. I think we should use something like checkstyle to monitor the
adherence to code standards and just change stuff that doesn't fit manually.

Checkstyle can also be integrated quite easily with IntelliJ and seems
to work pretty well. It's very configurable. I put a file into the
project a while back, so we just need to make sure it contains the right
constraints (which I'm a bit hazy on :) ).

The maven report also flags stuff up that doesn't match

http://monkeymachine.co.uk/acegisecurity/acegi-security/checkstyle.html

It's a gentler approach than Jalopy. If there's concern that nobody will
bother then (once we get the list of errors down to zero) I can get the
build to mail out a warning when someone commits code that breaks the
standards.

cheers,

Luke.

--
 Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine Ltd.
 PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C            http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk