Well it is a little stranger than I thought. It appears that "Position" is not working right in the "On Request" event handler, but ok after that. Both reverse and starting position options fail in the event handler, but work in normal scripts.


I also noticed that I had a log event in the  "On Request" handler:

                log message($url+ " - "+get request info("*remote address"))

and the get request info stopping logging the ip address. I just turned this on to help look for the the source of the crash. It worked fine until we installed 3.01b5.

Not sure if I've got something configured wrong, but also I can't get Auto Variable Creation to work either (have not touched the .ini file). Again, in the "On Request" handle, I modify the url where /foo/bar gets changed to /4dcgi/foo.a4d?path=bar. foo.a4d executes, put $path is not defined, but it is in the query param collection. I'd have to change too much to continue testing. Just too many strange things to spend anymore time. I'll wait until Aparajita gets back and see if there was some changes to the ini file or something that he forgot about.

Steve
AIDT



Your comment on "Position" is interesting. My problem with it occurred in a regular script. I didn't test it too much. I just wrote a wrapper method for it and replaced the position command with my wrapper.


The auto variable creation now has to be set to True in the Active4D.ini file it appears. The default action now appears to be False, so you have to add...
auto create vars = true
If you make that change you should be all set with those variables again.


Barclay Berry




Reply via email to