On Oct 28, 2004, at 10:14 AM, Aparajita Fishman wrote:

After about 6 months of relative calm with Active4d running on a client as a web sever, we've started to experience the spinning CD crash/deadlock of 4dClient 4 or 5 times a week. (4dClient 7.0.4 running on 10.3.5., 4dServer 7.0.4 running on 10.2.8, Active4D 3.0.1b7)

A few things come to mind:

- Are you sure you updated your shell correctly?

Did a check on our shell compared to the download, it appears to be set up correctly. I think b5/6 was when the shell was changed for housekeeping process. Did the shell change in b7 from 5/6? If it did, I don't think we reimported the lib file (wipes out compiler_web and a few modification we've made to the mail wrappers I forget we made). If it did change, you can slap us about the head again because I think we just did a visual check. Guess I need to document what changes/hooks we've made!

- Are you calling any plugins from Active4D?

Calling a few 4d wrappers to get some ObjectTools objects, the smtp mail stuff. (majority of code(96%+) is pure Active4D, very few call are made to 4d methods



- When you say crash, do you mean an actual crash, or just that the client freezes?

The spinning CD/beachball/whateverYouWantToCallIt of death. There is not a crash dialog and you must force quit 4DClient.


_______________________________________________
Active4D-dev mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mailman.aparajitaworld.com/mailman/listinfo/active4d-dev
Archives: http://mailman.aparajitaworld.com/archive/active4d-dev/

Reply via email to