Title: Message

Well, I did a reset with no problems…

I tried setting to preference mode, but seem unable to input any changes.

I tried adding the *.adm files for IE (inetcorp.adm and inetset.adm), however, when I go to access the settings, I see the following:

The inetset.adm file is not for Windows 2000. These settings will not be displayed. I see the same error message for inetcorp.adm.

When trying to access the “Advanced” settings under User Config/IE Maintenance/Advanced, I can see Corporate settings and Internet Settings listed.

When I try to access either one of those policies, I get the following 2 errors:

Source: DrWatson

Event ID: 4097

The application, mmc.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 08/13/2003 @ 08:41:52.547 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 02324FD8 (<nosymbols>)

And

Source: SQLServerAgent

Category: Alert Engine

Event ID: 318

Unable to read local eventlog (reason: The data area passed to a system call is too small).

I am assuming that I am seeing these errors due to the problem stated above (that the *.adm file isn’t for Windows 2000).

Other than that… I am at a loss as to what is happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charles