I read this and all I can think is that something happend to your Terminal Server mode on this server.  Sometimes settings get changed when you install a security patch, you might want to verify your TS settings and make sure that it's in application mode (non-app mode means that only admins can connect).  Also, go into Terminal Services Configuration and make sure that RDP isn't restricted to the local Administrators group.

Is there anything else special about this server?  Is it a DC?  Does it have Exchange or something else installed on it?